Meditating on fundamental aspects of the Christian faith, such as those expressed in the Creeds, helps us grow closer to God. Jesus came into our world as a man, which is a cause of great joy for all people. In Jesus we get to know God better!
- God sent the angel Gabriel to tell a faithful, young Jewish girl that she would bear God’s Son into the world, by the power of the Holy Spirit. Mary, not fully understanding what God intended, still agreed wholeheartedly to. serve God in this way.
- Mary visited her cousin, Elizabeth, who was experiencing her first pregnancy at an older age, as the angel Gabriel had promised her husband, Zechariah. The two women encouraged one another, acknowledging that God was working these miracles in their lives.
- Jesus was born to Joseph & Mary in humble circumstances in Bethlehem but with angelic fanfare, indicating that God had come into the world for all people.
- When Joseph & Mary dedicated Jesus to God, Simeon received the baby in the Temple at Jerusalem. The Holy Spirit assured the old man that Jesus was God’s promised savior for Jews & Gentiles.
- Having lost track of their 12-year old son at a festival in Jerusalem, Joseph & Mary found Jesus in the Temple — talking with priests & scribes, exhibiting astonishing knowledge of God. Nevertheless, the boy Jesus humbly submitted to his parents & returned home with them.
God, please help me to love & enjoy the Son You sent to save us.